Dear LSA Family -
First and foremost, my prayer is that you and your family are safe after last night's unprecedented rainfall. I want to give you an update on the status of LSA after a long night of torrential rains. Unfortunately, Turkey Creek exceeded it's banks and has flooded LSA and the surrounding neighborhood. I have attached 3 pictures to give you an idea of what we may be dealing with. As a result, we will will be canceling school and all activities through Friday of this week as we wait for the water to recede and start the clean-up. Once the floodwaters subside, we will have a much better indication of what we are dealing with and how the cleanup will proceed. We are also working on a plan to continue education as the clean up continues.
Many of you have already asked how you can help, which is just one of the many reasons that I love our LSA family. Honestly, there is not much we can do right now other than pray that the rain stops and the water recedes. As soon as it is safe to physically get to school, we can assess the damage and proceed with a game plan. Our insurance company and a professional restoration company have already been contacted and are on standby as well. As soon as we are able to start clean-up this week, I will send out a call for volunteers to help with the recovery effort. While this is not something I would wish on anyone, this is a great opportunity for our community to come together and make a difference!
If your home has been flooded, please let me know so that we can be praying for you and so that we can compile a list of school staff and families in need. God's Blessings to each of you as this storm continues, be safe!
Mrs. Sheila Psencik
LSA Head of School