A Significant Investment
We understand that sending a child to LSA is a significant financial investment for any family. The goal of our Financial Assistance Program is to make Lutheran South Academy an affordable educational experience for families wishing to receive an exceptional Christian education. Private schools must charge tuition, and LSA is no exception. LSA believes in a high quality faculty, modern facilities, and excellent programs. We believe that we need to provide the little extras that truly make us an exceptional school. We also realize that this raises the cost, but at the same time, we know that the cost is worth it. This means that we must find ways to make it affordable for every family. Our Financial Assistance Program is designed for this purpose with several payment options.
- Option One - Tuition Payment Plans
- LSA requires payment in full when the enrollment process is completed. We realize this is not always financially feasible. For this reason, we offer several payment options:
- Prepayment of the full year's tuition upon enrollment.
- 11 month payment option - July-May: yearly tuition divided into eleven equal payments
*All monthly tuition is billed through our RenWeb system.
- Option Two - Financial Aid
- Once a child is admitted, LSA has established a well-funded financial aid program to support families who need assistance. Unlike most independent schools, LSA is committed to meeting 100% of every family's demonstrated and documented financial need.
- How do I apply? Applications for financial aid may be completed online through F.A.C.T.S. Lutheran South Academy adhere to a needs-blind admissions policy, meaning that a family's ability to pay tuition and fees is not a factor in the admissions decision.
- Do I qualify? Each family's situation is unique, and the ability of a family to contribute financially is based on many factors, such as combined salary, available assets, or number of children in tuition required schools. In order to determine the families ability to pay tuition, families are asked to complete a Financial Aid Form online. LSA also requires both parents, regardless of their marital status, to submit annual tax returns.
- How long is financing available? Awards are made for a single year only. Families requesting financial aid must reapply on an annual basis.
Please be assured that this information is kept in strict confidence by our school. A family's financial situation is known only by the Financial Aid Committee. Billing processes throughout the school are designed to keep a family's financial circumstances confidential.
Please contact Kate Fleming, Director of Admissions with any questions.