We warmly welcome international students and are fully committed to cultivating a school community that provides an encouraging and supportive atmosphere.
Over the years we have welcomed students from South Africa, Brazil, China, Vietnam, Germany, Australia, Norway, Nigeria and Korea. Lutheran South Academy seeks academically minded students who are looking for a school where they will be involved in a variety of activities as part of their school life. We offer enrichment activities in the arts, athletics, and extracurricular activities.
- Students must have written and spoken English proficiency. A Skype conversation between a school administrator and the international student applicant will be conducted to ensure spoken English proficiency.
- International students are required to live with a host family, unless the parents reside in the Houston area. Students may NOT live on their own. Host parents are required to schedule a meeting with the principal.
- Upon acceptance, tuition must be paid in full. Tuition is non-refundable unless the visa is denied.
Please note: LSA does not help students find host families.
Tuition and Fees 2022-23
Grades 9-12 International Tuition: $22,900
Includes books, activity fees, academic fees, technology fees, and yearbook
(Does not include fees for trips, graduation, athletics and fine arts, dual credit college classes, and Advanced Placement (AP) tests)
Application Fee: $100.00
International New Student Enrollment Fee: $750.00
Returning International Student Enrollment Fee: $295.00
- Application and enrollment fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition is refundable only if the applicant is denied an F-1 Visa.
- International students are not eligible for financial assistance or discounts.
Steps to Apply
In order to apply for a student visa, an I-20, you must complete the following:
1. Submit Online Application with non-refundable $100 application fee
2. Obtain and forward the following records in English to the LSA Admissions Office
- A Transcript (high school) or most recent report card.
- Complete Immunization Records.
- Current Photo of the student.
- Copy of the student's Passport.
- Submit documentation (translated into English) of funds available which will be used to cover the cost of tuition and fees.
- All students must also fill out the TAPPS Athletic Foreign Student Application whether they plan to participate in sports or not. Download TAPPS Application
An I-20 will only be issued when ALL of the above tasks have been completed to the satisfaction of Lutheran South Academy.