LSA uses the latest technologically advanced teaching tools to enrich the learning experiences of our students and to equip them with the digital literacy skills to succeed in the 21st century
We recognize that in order for our students to be successful in the ever-changing complex digital world, we must be committed to continually improve teaching and learning at LSA. LSA classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, including digital projectors, Smartboards, and wireless technology, and in the Lower School iPad mobile carts. Our teachers participate in ongoing professional development, allowing them to explore the functions of the tools that are available and to learn how to harness the full potential of digital learning in the classroom.
- In the early grades students have access to mobile iPad carts and/or Mac Mini centers in each classroom. Teachers utilize online resources to help students learn how to use iPads and computers correctly, as well as the proper use of many apps.
- Each student in grades 4 and 5 has access to a 13" MacBook Air so that teachers can integrate technology into all of their lessons.
- Classroom projects are supported by technology by helping the students type their work, illustrate their ideas, or research information online. In grades 4 and 5, they also take a more advanced look at technology as it pertains to programming and computational thinking skills.
- Through age-appropriate lessons, students learn about digital citizenship and proper etiquette for working within the online world.
Middle and High School
- All students in grades 6-12 receive a 13" MacBook Air to use at school and at home, which is customized with applications and books that are specific to their coursework. This allows their learning environment to reach far past the confines of the classroom and develop the digital literacy skills that they will need to succeed in the 21st century.
- Outside of the classroom, learning continues with Moodle, a web-based platform where students collaborate with classmates and their teachers, including posting questions and receiving additional help with assignments, reading summaries of lessons, taking quizzes, turning in homework and more.
- Students may choose technology-related classes in Business Information Management, Desktop Publishing, Multimedia, Robotics, and Webmastering.
- Students and parents can access grades 24/7 on any device through FACTS SIS, formerly known as RenWeb.
Please note: The laptops are the property of LSA and must be returned in good condition (with chargers) as required by the technology department.
For Current Students and Parents
We have compiled some resources for our current students and families to assist with any technology needs. Please contact the technology department if you have any questions.
Lower School Resources
Middle and High School Resources